注册[Register]

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 3740|回复: 2
收起左侧

[Debuggers] BugChecker

[复制链接]
Hmily 发表于 2011-3-17 10:31
About the BugChecker ProjectA Brief HistoryBugChecker was developed by me (Vito Plantamura) in 2002, at the age of 21, as the only way to deepen understanding of the Windows NT kernel.
At that time, the amount and quality of information about this topic was very low (compared to today and with the exception of Solomon and Russinovich books). However, after several months of reverse engineering and development, I came out with a first version of BugChecker, only compatible with Windows 2000 and featuring a C compiler and linker I wrote at the age of 17 (more info here).
Then the project remained inactive and source-closed for 7 years, until I decided, in January 2010, to resume it, primarily by extending compatibility to Windows XP (through the BcUtil software) and by opening its source code to the community of system developers and enthusiasts, under GPL2 license.
At this time, I'm searching for contributors in order to make BugChecker a valid, useful, free and open alternative to SoftICE and other commercial debuggers.

Related Topics:

Open-Source Single-Host Kernel Debugger for Windows 2000 and XPWelcome to BugChecker.com!BugChecker is a single-host kernel debugger for the Microsoft Windows 2000 and XP operating systems. "Single-host" means that the debugger and the debuggee (in this case the whole system, comprehensive of the kernel, hal, device drivers and user applications) can be debugged on a single machine, without the need of a second computer running the debugger application. "Kernel debugger", as the name suggests, is a program that allows to "trace" inside the system kernel, setting breakpoints and the like as you would do when debugging a normal user application.
BugChecker allows to debug both user and kernel code, both on uniprocessor and multiprocessor versions of Windows 2000 and XP. However Bugchecker has some limitations at this time, that I hope will be addressed in future releases: check out the Known Bugs page for an up-to-date list. If you want to contribute to the development of BugChecker you are more than welcome! In this case, please check out the Contribute page. Thank you!
BugChecker is licensed under GNU General Public License, version 2.

Hot Picks:

• Download binaries and source code: Download Page.
  • Screenshots of BugChecker: Here.
  • How and why I developed BugChecker + a brief history: Here.

Download BugCheckerHere are the links to BugChecker binaries and source code. In this page, you will find also instructions about how to install and compile the drivers.
Download LinksBugChecker binaries and source code are all released under the GNU General Public License, version 2. By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of that license.
BugChecker is rather stable at the current release. However, at this stage of the project, I suggest to try it under VmWare or a similar VM Host. Please check out the Known Bugs page for further information on this topic.